[CentOS] xfs module not loading

Fri Aug 19 13:58:34 UTC 2005
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Fong Vang wrote:

> Maybe I need to move this discussion to the anaconda mailing list.
>
> Anyway, I've been unable to get the xfs kernel module to load.
> Comparing the setup in Fedora Core 4, I noticed that xfs.ko is
> dependent on exportfs.ko (in modules.dep).  I've added the modules to
> netstg2.img and stage2.img.  Anaconda (loader) is unable to load the
> modules (although both are copied to /tmp).  There's nothing in the
> log to pinpoint what the problem is.  Anyone knows what I'm missing?
> Why is anaconda/loader unable to load these modules?

My guess is that these modules don't match the running installer kernel.

I think you should really start from scratch - get hold of the
CentOSPlus kernel RPMS and xfsprogs RPM and rebuild the installer -
hacking modules into the various installer images is very unlikely to
work and difficult to maintain - I've tried it before, but it is so much
simpler to rebuild the installer (once you've worked out what to do) ...

James Pearson