[CentOS] Wildcard DNS

Fri Aug 19 16:42:17 UTC 2005
Alan Hodgson <ahodgson at simkin.ca>

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:54:05AM -0500, Mike Kercher wrote:
> > Setup your server to be authoritative for root (.) and serve
> > up a *. A record in there.  Some of the alternate root
> > network sites (ie. OpenNIC) have instructions for setting up
> > BIND to be authoritative for .
>
> Thanks Alan.  I'm googling now.  If you have a link, I'd appreciate it :)

Something like:

zone "." in
{
	type master;
	file "root.zone";
};

... instead of the type hint section for .

It's been a long time since I used BIND, so this is just a suggestion.

--
"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom;
and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more,