[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Wed Aug 24 02:47:19 UTC 2005
Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org>

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 20:43 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> I'm reiterating here that every cooperation between extras/centosplus
> and
> RPMforge is welcome. If the CentOS team wants to maintain their own
> RPMforge rebuild, or like to add as much from their packages into
> RPMforge, all that is possible. There are many ways we could make
> each
> others life easier and I think we could use a lot of experience from
> the
> CentOS team.

In this spirit, I'd like to note that the missing build deps for EL4
python-game

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/python-game/_buildlogs/python-game-1.6-0.2.el4.rf.i386.log.gz

can be satisfied from kbs-CentOS-Extras...

Transaction Listing:
  Install: SDL_image-devel.i386 0:1.2.3-6 - kbs-CentOS-Extras
  Install: SDL_mixer-devel.i386 0:1.2.5-4 - kbs-CentOS-Extras
  Install: SDL_ttf-devel.i386 0:2.0.6-4 - kbs-CentOS-Extras

Games that depend on this seem to be working fine (at least solarwolf
and zephulor seem to run - will wait on kid-testing to verify) with a
locally-built python-game and mix of Dag, Dries, Karanbir and a few
selected ATrpms packages - all EL4 versions.

Phil

P.S.  Back to the OP's topic...  Dave, if you're still listening and
having problems:

[root at tabb1 ~]# rpm -q perl-Video-DVDRip transcode xine mplayer tvtime vcdimager videolan-client subtitleripper ogle libdvdread lame libcddb libcdio
perl-Video-DVDRip-0.52.5-1.rf
transcode-1.0.0-1.2.el4.rf
xine-0.99.4-1.2.el4.rf
mplayer-1.0-0.17.pre7.2.el4.rf
tvtime-0.99-1.2.el4.rf
vcdimager-0.7.14-4.2.el4.rf
videolan-client-0.8.1-3.2.el4.rf
subtitleripper-0.3.4-2.2.el4.rf
ogle-0.9.2-4.2.el4.rf
libdvdread-0.9.4-7.2.el4.rf
lame-3.96.1-2.2.el4.rf
libcddb-1.2.0-3.1.el4.kb
libcdio-0.75-3.1.el4.kb

Works-for-me on my CentOS4 home desktop/multimedia system.