[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Wed Aug 24 12:07:53 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

>P.S.  Back to the OP's topic...  Dave, if you're still listening and
>having problems:

Still listening and still having problems. If I do the same command that
you did, you can see perl-Video-DVDRip is not installed:
[root at localhost ~]# rpm -q perl-Video-DVDRip transcode xine mplayer
tvtime vcdimager videolan-client subtitleripper ogle libdvdread lame
libcddb libcdio
package perl-Video-DVDRip is not installed
transcode-1.0.0-1.2.el4.rf
xine-0.99.4-1.2.el4.rf
mplayer-1.0-0.17.pre7.2.el4.rf
tvtime-0.99-1.2.el4.rf
vcdimager-0.7.14-4.2.el4.rf
videolan-client-0.8.1-3.2.el4.rf
subtitleripper-0.3.4-1.2.el4.rf
ogle-0.9.2-4.2.el4.rf
libdvdread-0.9.4-6.2.el4.rf
lame-3.96.1-2.2.el4.rf
libcddb-1.2.0-3.1.el4.kb
libcdio-0.75-3.1.el4.kb

And when I do try to install it with YUM:
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Conflict: transcode conflicts perl-Video-DVDRip < 0.51.2
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: transcode conflicts with perl-Video-DVDRip < 0.51.2

Dave