[CentOS] Re: Linux Trademarked?

Wed Aug 24 04:02:30 UTC 2005
Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 22:07 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>My company didn't sign any licenses to use its own code.
>

> But you _did_ license a product from Company B.

My company had no contractural relationships with Company B
whatsoever.

[snip]

>>My company signed no licenses to use its own code.
>

> Again, did you have _any_ written agreement with company B where they
> said you had agreed to not use their trademarks, or some other clause
> that you were not entitled to misappropriate different forms of their IP
> (including trademarks) even internally?

No. There were no such agreements. There was exactly one piece of
software (in many parts) owned wholly and completely by my company.

Nothing was owned by Company B which Company A acquired by any means
whatsoever.

> If they are anything like the licensing agreements I've seen, _yes_.

Since they didn't exist, they couldn't be like anything you have seen.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.