[CentOS] Antivirus logging linux

Thu Aug 25 21:33:13 UTC 2005
Andreas Rogge <arogge at gmx.de>

Hello Wayne,

I don't think it is exactly what you are looking for, but I'm currently
evaluating Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus for use in a quite mixed
environment.
It works quite good and has something they call "Alert Manager". I
haven't had the chance to review all data sinks they provide, but I
think they will at least support a user-defined script (which could then
insert data into your RDBMs).

They also provide a great Report-Engine which probably already provides
most of the reporst you could genereate through your RDBMS.

The only problem - at least for me - is that they currently don't
support RHEL 4 (which will change in the next release).

Oh... and just to mention it: it only costs about $ 40 per license, no
matter what system it shall run on (Windows 95-2003, Linux/i386,
Linux/390, HP-UX, MacOS X, Netware) and what options (i.e. MS-Exchange
and/or Novell Groupwise Scanner) you need.

Regards,
Andreas