[CentOS] Compaq V2000 laptop no USB recognized

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Dec 20 03:36:57 UTC 2005

>/ Without being able to copy anything off the PC I did an
/>/ lspci
/>/ USB Controller Intel 82801 (ICH6 Family) Rev 3
/
The ICH6 should be supported, unless Intel really changed
something.

What is the exact model of your USB storage device?
What does "lsusb" give you, if anything?

What about what comes up in /var/log/messages when you stick
the device in?  [ tail -f /var/log/messages, then stick in
the device ]

------------------
sticking the device in gives nothing further in /var/log/messages.

lsmod | grep hcd

shows the 3rd column as "0" as not in use...

lsusb gives no output.

I am just using a lexar usb device jumpdrive. There is no other writing
on it other than 128M. (Has worked in everything else I've stuck it in).

Interesting thing is lookin at dmesg says lines like:
ehci_hcd requesing interrupt 23 failed
ACPI -> GSI IRQ 23
uhci_hcd requesting interrupt 19 failed
ACPI -> GSI 19 IRQ 19