[CentOS] which iso package for AMD Clawhammer 3700+ 64

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 22 23:03:57 UTC 2005

Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
> I have the OO installed here, and there does not seem to be
> any issues with it, however I don't use it much either.

I'm running both OpenOffice 2.0 and StarOffice 8 on Fedora
Core 3 x86-64 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Update 2 x86-64
-- 0 issues.  I've loaded the i586 version Java Software
Development Kit (j2sdk) 1.50.006 from Sun's site and used the
JPackage compat package for rebuilding the symlinks in
alternatives.

I'm also running a host of games and binary titles built for
i386 on the FC3/x86-64 version without issues.  The i386
version of SDL, DirectMedia and other components _are_
included in the stock x86-64, as does nVidia's installer for
x86-64 offer an i386 GLX too.

> There may be some functionality of OO in the x86 version
that
> is not in the x86-64, but I'm not an avid user of either,
so I
> can't state without question.  I did install the OO package
> during install.

I use OOo/SO _heavily_ and I've yet to encounter an issue.
Again, I did _not_ install the x86-64 version of Java, but
the i586 version.

> As for the other stuff Johnny mentioned, he's correct in
that
> some of the whing-ding packages aren't there under the
86-64.
> Again, there might be issues with building software as I
> mentioned in first response, but most have been workable.

I've build an x86-64 version of Checkinstall, so just about
everything I've needed to rebuild from source, that's taken
care of it.  If anyone wants a copy, let me know, but I won't
be able to send it do you until next week (I'm in Hawaii for
Christmas).

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com