[CentOS] LDAP Implementations (was: Linking against a specifi c Berkeley DB install)

Thu Dec 1 22:37:36 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com> wrote:
> I'm not resistant to changing programs.

I didn't think you needed to, that's why I didn't suggest
FDS.  I only commented on FDS after several people commented,
and it was clear that was a tangent going forward.

> We are in a testing mode now and I have barely even started
> looking into how to configure multi-master replication in
> OpenLDAP.

Oh, I had assumed you already had OpenLDAP in production.  In
that case, download FDS 7.1 (legacy binary version) from
here:
  http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Special:Download

> The showstopper at the moment is that FDS 1.0 does not
> currently support x86_64, which is what our production
servers
> will be running.

You can run the i386 version on x86_64.  But yeah, from a
scalability standpoint, it would be nice.