[CentOS] Installation failure

Tue Dec 6 04:09:55 UTC 2005
Matt Lawrence <a400hz at gmail.com>

On 12/5/05, rado <rado at rivers-bend.com> wrote:

> I had this same thing happen to me lately and it was faulty memory
> causing it...I think before before you burn johnny's eyes w/that I would
> make sure my equip. and software are in order.
>
> and then if all is good...bug report

The Soekris net4801 is a really nifty device for embedded use, but it
can be a pain to do thsi sort of debugging on since it only has a
serial port for a console.

I've switched over to another system that does have video (and virtual
consoles) and the same error shows up.

After reading the tiny-centos web page, I'm trying to build a truly
minimal installation.  I have deselcted almost every default package
and am using the automatic dependency resolution to pull in the
required packages.  The current install is 87 packages and is failing
during postinstall.  I don't really want to cycle through enabling
packages one at a time to figure out what is missing.

Yes, I'm doing strange and terrible things to anaconda.  I'm a geek.

-- Matt