Backup solutions Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Wed Dec 7 22:30:57 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob at suespammers.org> wrote:
> It is hard enough to find DLT units and tapes around here,
> Bryan, that I don't even want to think about getting LTO
stuff.

Call up your local HP VAR!  You can't be the only one with
enterprise requirements.  In fact, lack of availability of
enterprise products is a _poor_ excuse to use commodity
components with much, much higher failure rates.

> How easy is to get LTO units and tapes in USA and other
> countries ? How open is it (meaning: how many companies
make
> it) ?

LTO is a 3 vendor standard.
LTO media is available from just about everyone.

It has been the standard with the highest adoption rate the
past 3-4 years -- roughly 40-50%.