[CentOS] compaq r4000 32 bit and 64 bit install

Tue Dec 13 22:37:05 UTC 2005
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Jerry Geis wrote:

>/Quick update... On the Installing packages screen normally I
>see something like 15 minutes to install with this 64 bit 4000+
>installing x86_64 it is posting 55 minutes.
>
>This is what I mean by slooooow..
>
>I hope I find what the deal is soon. I check in the BIOS and saw no
>settings. Only enable disable motherboard devices.
>
>/

It may be just the hard drive.  Compaq has been using ungodly slow
Fujitsu 4200rpm drives of late.  I experienced a substantial speedup on
mine when I upgraded to a Hitachi Travelstar 7K100.

Cheers,