[CentOS] Setting up a simple NAT on CentOS 3.5

Mon Dec 19 17:09:54 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 11:34 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Well I think this system is back on 3.5.  How do I tell?  Have not
> used it in a while...
----
cat /etc/redhat-release
----

> I need a NAT for some quick testing and this box was available.  Only
> a 6gb drive, so I can't install Astaro (which I have licenses for).
----
multiple NIC's ?

yum install firestarter
or
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/ipmasq/c-html/index.html
----

> So is there a simple way to turn on NATing?  Should I upgrade to 4.2?
----
simple no - NAT requires firewall rules. For this purpose, there
shouldn't be much of a difference between CentOS 3 or 4
----

> This box is behind a firewall, so security risks are not the issue.  This time.
----
OK

Craig