[CentOS] logwatch patch

Tue Dec 27 19:19:45 UTC 2005
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Robert Tate wrote on Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:22:18 -0500:

> I just installed CentOS a few weeks ago and am still learning about this distros' methods and such, but I vote for
> sending out a patch or fixed package for it.

You should be aware that the Logwatch installed with RHEL and CentOS is *quite* old.
Logwatch current is at 7.1. I installed it two weeks ago or so and it works fine.
I don't remember getting any yum information, though. I didn't notice that until you
mentioned it. I'll check about this when I'm back from vacation. Maybe it was just a
period with no updates.
If you do any tuning and want to have that included in the source you better patch
against a current Logwatch and submit that diff.
All in all the logwatch scripts look very much like catering for RH products, so I'd be
a bit puzzled if a newer Logwatch would miss on this. I installed it on Suse systems as
well and had to tune it heavily to get some decent reporting because it missed the log
files and is very dependant on applications logging to their own log file.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany