[CentOS] Multiple program instances or multiple log ins?

Tue Dec 27 20:46:01 UTC 2005
Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

I don't know about Evolution - I tried it and didn't like it.

But kmail (for me) handles multiple identities and accounts with separate
in/out folders, complete with decent filtering rules, with ease and flair.
For example, I'm writing this as my identity "lists" - separate from my
personal and professional accounts so that email lists don't overload my
private email stock. I've been using kmail (and been happy with it) for some
5+ years.

The only thing to consider with Kmail as far as separating your identities is
that you specify what folder(s) will be used for incoming/outgoing mail,
giving maximum flexibility. But, even then, if a message is in the wrong
folder, it's a simple drag/drop to set it right.

-Ben

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 11:42, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> For each of my 'identities' (day job, home business, teaching job,
> etc) to have the mail totally separated.  Not to have all the mail
> munged together, particularly the in and out boxes!

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978