[Centos] Centos 4

Matt Bottrell mbottrell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 02:45:14 UTC 2005

I traditionally DONT do an upgrade between major releases.... it just
breaks too many things and ends up looking tooo ugly.

Particularly in this case a 2.4.x -> 2.6.x upgrade with udev,
SELinux...  I would recommend not doing an upgrade via yum.

You could use Anaconda, but I've seen some bad upgrades...

My advice... fresh install... after obviously saving what is required... ;)

I suspect CentOS 3 will be supported for some time... and follow the
RHEL support timelines...  RHEL 3 is still supported by Redhat... so
it's likely CentOS 3 will remain supported.

Cheer,s

Matt.