[Centos] help with xargs and mv

Thu Feb 10 18:37:24 UTC 2005
Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca>

On 8 Feb 2005 at 15:15, James B. Byrne wrote:

> I am trying to move a group of sendmail queue files into a special
> area and am developing s script to assist.  The manual steps are:

This doesn't answer your question directly, and it's a bit late given
the rest of the thread, but for future reference you might want to
have a look at "qtool.pl" (included in the contrib/ directory with
the Sendmail source).

It pretty much does everything you need, and has the advantage of
using Sendmail's file locking method to avoid conflicts with a
running sendmail queue-running process.

Something like the following will do what you need:

#!/bin/bash
OLQUEUE=/var/spool/mqueue/offline
QUEUE=/var/spool/mqueue
qtool.pl -e '$msg{recipient} ~= "<domain>"' $OLQUEUE $QUEUE

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.