[Centos] Red Hat Legal Targets www.centos.org website content

Mon Feb 14 18:44:53 UTC 2005
Andrew Sawyers <andrew at zope.com>

IMNSHO this has nothing to do with protecting one's trademark.  Read their
own site:
http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/guidelines/page3.html

This is a bullying tactic at best.  The company I work for has had to
enforce our trademark.  We sure never did so in regards to linking back to
our site or in referencing our trademark by derivatives applications that
used our code though.  That's a joke.  Using a trademark in a domain name is
different then saying "I'm derived from Red Hat."

Business has 0 to do with loyalty when billions of dollars are at stake.
"We" owe them nothing outside of what had been done prior to this idiotic
move by their lawyers.

I don't think their demands should be met, and I would refuse if it were me.