[Centos] How to create a CD/DVD

Wed Feb 23 21:11:49 UTC 2005
Christian Nygaard <chris at math.uu.se>

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, [ISO-8859-2] Maciej {enczykowski wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Assuming I have all the files (basically I've downloaded the ISOs) of
> CentOS 4 (RC1 for now, but 4.0 in the future) how do I recreate the ISO
> images - both to regain the original 4 CDs (less important) - and to
> achieve a DVD image (more important but can probably be guessed from the
> answer to how to make the CDs).  Any takers?  [note I've burned many CDs -
> I'm basically asking for the command line to mkisofs et al to get an as
> near bit-perfect as possible ISO from source files only]

Why not use cdrecord instead of mkisofs, speed=2 for those who
dont even like jitter, although I would burn at full speed.

# cdrecord -v -eject speed=2 centos-disc1.iso

Then you can use the linux media check feature by typing that at the boot
prompt of the first CentOS CD to verify your burnt media.

//Chris