[CentOS] Evolution rpm for CentOS?

Nikos Zaharioudakis nzahar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:56:56 UTC 2005

Talking with a big Red Hat representative for Europe, he stated that
Red Hat will stop providing updates for the current FCx 1-2 months
before the official release of the next coming FCx+1. At my point of
view, this could mean a further push to drive current FCx or FCx-1
installations to migrate either to RHEL -----> or to CentOS :-)). The
reason that he gave me was that they need all the attention and man
power to focus on the forthcoming FCx+1. Although this is something I
haven't seen it in written yet on the official site, I consider it as
an internal information, as my employer company is Red Hat Advanced
Partner.

Cheers,

Zaharioudakis Nikos

On 7/7/05, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/05, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> > Greg Knaddison wrote:
> > > For people who want a stable desktop but with some packages upgraded
> > > to newer versions, what is the recommended method?  Find an FC4 SRPM
> > > and rebuild it?  Get the source and build that?
> >
> > You want to try FC3 src.rpm's first - they are more likely to get you a
> > better-fit.
> >
> > But sometimes its just not that simple, eg. Evolution. To get the latest
> > / greatest - you are looking to, pretty much, rebuild the entire gnome
> > platform and move to 2.10
> >
> > ( you could do the garnome way if you like... not much fun, if its a
> > simple drop in install you want )
> >

> I realize I asked a kind of ridiculous question - but was curious if
> there were a good answer - seems not.  Especially as FC3 goes EOL in a
> few months...
>
> Greg

Zaharioudakis Nikos
mob: +30 6947204063
USE THE BEST . . .

Linux for servers . . .

       Macintosh for graphics . . .

             Palm for mobility . . .

                   Windows for solitaire!
If speed kills, then Windows Users may live forever