[CentOS] The connection was refused whenattemptingtocontacthostname:5500

bryan davis bdavis at skymailer.skyauction.com
Tue Jul 12 19:51:08 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joeffrey Betita" <jmbetita at infoplus.com.ph>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 3:07 AM
Subject: RE: [CentOS] The connection was refused
whenattemptingtocontacthostname:5500

> hello
> Jim i did what you suggested. but after typing "emctl start dbconsole" all
> get is a failed connection error message.
> what should i do next? i'm lost. thanks for your help.
>
> rgds,
> Joeffrey

The oracle documentation has some coverage on how to work with enterprise
manager
(http://oraclesvca2.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10742/toc.htm).
It's important that these commands be run as the oracle user with the
appropriate environment variables set (ORACLE_HOME, PATH, ORACLE_SID).

Check those and copy and paste the exact response you're getting on the
command line in a reply so we can see more about what's going on.

As Jim mentioned as well, you should turn iptables off just to make certain
all the packets are getting through.

A good resource for installing oracle on CentOS/RHEL is
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/smiley_10gdb_install.html.