[CentOS] CentOS and Red Hat SATA drivers

Wed Jul 27 16:57:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, July 27, 2005 11:51 am, Kaplan, Andrew H. said:
> Hi there --
>
> I was going to experiment with a CentOS x86_64 install in the following
> manner:
> One of our new dual-xeon servers is using an Adaptec SATA controller card
> that
> has drivers available for Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 and Enterprise Linux
> 3.0.
> I was going to create the drivers for one or the other and then attempt an
> install via the linux dd command. My question is, would either of these
> drivers
> work with a version of CentOS, and if so what version could I use? Thanks.

Maybe ... Usually, the kernel version for the driver needs to match the
kernel it is built for.  So, you would use CentOS-3 or CentOS-2.1 and get
the ISO that you need, based on the driver.

We did not release a CentOS-3.0 ... so there is not a CD for that.

What update # is the RHEL driver for (ie, RHEL-4 Update 2, etc.)

You can find old CDs and trees here:

http://vault.centos.org/

--
Johnny Hughes