[CentOS] Re: New to CentOS, and wondering about application availability

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Wed Jul 27 19:28:17 UTC 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Tom wrote:

> he seems to have a good understanding of what he's doing, even
> after only 3 weeks but you're right, check what people tell you :D

it's not that i thought you would give him the wrong advice; the
point is more that even when somebody gives you good advice, it's
critical to know what you're doing to your system because otherwise
you'll reach a point where you're unable to make any changes.

> I was getting sick of the bickering, good thing for a newbie to see
> isn't it???

heh, the sooner the better - the open source world is *all about*
bickering (and i say that only slightly tongue-in-cheek).

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v