[CentOS] CentOS and Red Hat SATA drivers

Wed Jul 27 16:51:11 UTC 2005
Kaplan, Andrew H. <AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG>

Hi there --

I was going to experiment with a CentOS x86_64 install in the following manner:
One of our new dual-xeon servers is using an Adaptec SATA controller card that
has drivers available for Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 and Enterprise Linux 3.0.
I was going to create the drivers for one or the other and then attempt an
install via the linux dd command. My question is, would either of these drivers
work with a version of CentOS, and if so what version could I use? Thanks.