[CentOS] Re: New to CentOS, and wondering about application availability

Thu Jul 28 13:44:27 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 08:44 -0400, Peter Arremann wrote:
> *sighs* BS level exceeded...

DVD-RAM is the most reliable, long-term optical archiving format.

> * The first DVD-R drives under $1000 did not appear until 2001.
> * The list price in 1998 was $17000 for the only available drive by pioneer.
> * DVD-R(G) was not even available until 1999 - so if you had a DVD-R(A) drive,
> then the media are not comparable to what is out now, and all your BS has no
> relevance about current media.

DVD-RAM dude.  Worked with Linux from nearly day 1.

> * Linux DVD writing software did not appear until way after 1998 (growisofs,
> cdrecord patches, ...) so what software were you using?

Dude, this is what I'm talking about.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->