[CentOS] Japanese Language Support?

Thu Jul 28 12:05:36 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

When I installed CentOS, I was careful to install Japanese language support.

However, now that CentOS is running, I can't seem to get Japanese
language input going. I clicked on the top menu bar to add the "Input
Method Switcher", and now there is a little white square on the top
panel. If I click on it, gives me the option of using ASCII input, or to
"Add or Remove".

If I click on "Add or Remove", I get an "Add or Remove Languages"
dialoge box, which is empty. There are no languages to add to the list
of selections, and nothing in the area marked "Languages shown in menu"
either.
There are also no options to install languages.

I went to Applications | System Settings | Add/Remove Applications to
look for language settings, but they weren't there.

How do I get my Japanese language input up and running?

Dave