[CentOS] Japanese Language Support?

Fri Jul 29 08:39:20 UTC 2005
Masato Zembutsu <zem at pocketstudio.jp>

I confirmed the problem that you discovered it, too. It seems
that a setup isn't reflected certainly. If it is usual, it is
supposed to be indicated with "Ja" in the panel.

I couldn't solve it though I tried various methods, either. So,
another method is proposed to you.

Do you try to make the standard language of the system
Japanese?

Applications | System Settings | Language

Then, you choose "Japanese", and log in again. Japanese input
and output work normally though all the menus are made
Japanese, too.

But, a panel doesn't seem to work as to this condition. I
noticed. The version of Gnome Inpute Method Switcher is 1.1.3
with Fedora Core 4 which I usually use. That of CentOS 4.1 was
1.1.2. There may somewhat be a bug or a problem in that.

Masato Zembutsu