[CentOS] RPM Autorollback

Wed Jul 13 22:28:18 UTC 2005
James Olin Oden <james.oden at gmail.com>

Their based on my set of patches for RHEL 3 rpm.   It runs through my
test harness and works fine as far as I have know.  I have yet to use
that particular set in a production environment because I'm still back
on Centos 3/RHEL 3.

Have you read my article, BTW:

   http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7034

It gives a good description of how to use the standard transactional
rollback feature of rpm.

    http://lee.k12.nc.us/~joden/misc/patches/rpm

Gives some info on autorollback.

I would love for you to test out rollback and autorollback, but I want
your eyes wide open before deploying on production (this being a
relative term of course) systems, understanding what the feature can
and cannot do.

Cheers...james