[CentOS] RPM Autorollback

Wed Jul 13 23:00:55 UTC 2005
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

Just did now - very nice article.
Think I'll stick to normal rollback, with rsync and local repository
backup :)  I'm more familiar with the 'hard way of doing things' and don't
have the time currently to invest in discovering the right way (sad ain't
it? thankfully I've only had to backout of one upgrade of squid during the
last few months...)
Cheers,
MaZe.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, James Olin Oden wrote:

> Their based on my set of patches for RHEL 3 rpm.   It runs through my
test harness and works fine as far as I have know.  I have yet to use
that particular set in a production environment because I'm still back
on Centos 3/RHEL 3.

Have you read my article, BTW:

    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7034

It gives a good description of how to use the standard transactional
rollback feature of rpm.

     http://lee.k12.nc.us/~joden/misc/patches/rpm

Gives some info on autorollback.

I would love for you to test out rollback and autorollback, but I want
your eyes wide open before deploying on production (this being a
relative term of course) systems, understanding what the feature can
and cannot do.

Cheers...james