[CentOS] CentOS 4 post installation of all packages

Fri Jul 15 17:33:05 UTC 2005
Lee W <centos-list at unassemble.co.uk>

dan1 wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have installed CentOS 4 on a server in a hosting company and I
> realise that not all packages have been installed.
> I would like to install all packages exactly like it is when we click
> on 'install everything' from the CentOS 4 installation.
> Is there a way of doing so with 'yum install' something ? My goal is
> to have the exact replicate as the default CentOS 4 'install
> everything' option.
> I am in fear that there would be other packages installed than only
> the ones from the default CentOS install by typing 'yum install *' if
> this is possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

If the server has the DVD in the drive could you not simply do:-

  rpm -Uvh *.rpm

from the RPMS directory on the DVD.  Afterwards just run 'yum update' to
apply in recent package updates.

Apologies if I'm not understanding your situation correctly.

Regards

Lee