[CentOS] Re: IDE RAID support

Fri Jul 22 02:13:16 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Tony Wicks wrote:
> But what about the not being able to reliably put /boot on a raid
> partition ? I haven't tried this since 4.0, doe it work properly now ?

You can have /boot on software RAID-1 reliably.  I've been using that
kind of setup since Red Hat 7.x days, never had a single problem with it.

The only thing you should be aware of is that if you are using Grub as
boot loader, there's bug in Anaconda (the installer) that it will
install Grub only on the first disk.  This is trivial to correct once
installation is done.  It was discussed many times on this list, as well
as Red Hat's Fedora and Nahant lists.  This is not an reliability
problem.  It is simply an annoyance.

If you use LILO as boot loader, everything simply works out-of-the-box,
Anaconda will correctly install it on both drives.