[CentOS] Tyan Thunder K8SE S2892 Report

Thu Jul 28 23:08:11 UTC 2005
Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Correct.  Some people claim that some of the ATX2.0's work with the
> EPS12V pin-out.  I doubt that, but I do know there _are_ "universal"
> ATX, ATX12V, ATX2.0, EPS12V power supplies from Enermax and others.  I
> was curious if Antec's was as well.

This PSU does have a flexible setup. The "24" pin connector actually
separates into 20-pin and 4-pin connectors. I believe that's what you'd
use on a regular ATX board. This is in addition to the EPS 8-pin connector.

> In the rackmount space there are plenty.

At this point we're doing tower cases (and UPS's) sitting on shelves.
I'd love to have a pretty rack, but I wanted the dual-Opteron rig more. :)

> Well, don't do it for my benefit.  I don't want to create work for you.
> But if you're still testing, it's always a consideration.
>
> Especially with 4 disks, which is ideal for RAID-10 without losing much
> usable storage over RAID-5 (only 33%).
>
> Just remember to update your 3Ware 9w-xxxx driver and firmware, as well
> as 3DM2.

Looks like the 2.6.12.3 kernel has the latest driver. And if I read
3Ware's site correctly, the 2.26 driver includes the firmware. I'm not
using the GUI tool at all. Come on! I'm a *real* man! :)