[CentOS] was - Vote For CentOS now "pay for CentOS" :)

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 22:03:37 UTC 2005

On 6/3/05, Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net> wrote:
> There is no accounting as no money has gone anywhere !!

Well then this is an accounting of it (200 in, zero out) which is a
good step in the right direction.

> In fact there is virtually no money coming in. Approximately $200 since
> the split with cAos some months ago. There is some money that cAos still
> hold that is due to CentOS which they say is approx $1500 although we have
> seen no accounting records or details of donations to justify the figure.

I'm glad that you have come into a place where you have more control
and can let us know these details.

> Isnt is nice that people can publish unfounded allegations on the Internet
> and leave them there and there really isnt anything that you can do about
> it. Needless to say my version of the story differs markedly in all
> substantial respects , although I dont intend to explain them here.

It certainly isn't nice and is rather unfortunate that any old web
page garners an immediate level of believability...on the other hand,
if you provide little information to the contrary and don't provide
accounting, then you understand if I continued to believe his
comments.

Having read your comments, I can certainly understand your respective positions.

And certainly a thanks to you and UKLinux for your work.

Greg