[CentOS] Re: S/N on this list is plummeting...

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Jun 4 07:37:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 09:07 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > And I'm not only asking you, I'd prefer if everyone could try to not put
> > more oil onto the fire, even when you don't agree. We know each others
> > opinions now, we don't have to iterate over it again and again.
>
> Agreed.  I'll try to lead by example and just not respond.  So far, I've
> been the opposite type of example.

Sometimes a good technique to prevent a big fire is to cut out the stuff
that is not adding anything to the heart of the discussion. Even if you do
not agree with some of the surrounding statements, you do not have to
answer each statement/each paragraph to prove your point.

You may have noticed I cut a whole part of your mail out just to make the
mail friendly again. I don't want to reply to blame/reblame because that
is exactly what leads to reaction. Just answer the nice parts, and people
think you are nice too.

Right ? You think I'm nice, don't you ? :)