[CentOS] Centos 4 - text based install - LVM ?

Sam Hart sam at progeny.com
Thu Jun 9 14:43:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 00:39 +1000, bards1888 wrote:
> Has anyone gotten this to work ?
>
> I can define a raid device but cant put a VG on it. I then tried
> 'autopartition' and it created an 'LVM' of sorts, when I tried to edit
> it I wasnt able to as a message appeared saying, LVM editing was not
> allowed in text mode.

FWIW, I've had a lot of issues in general with text anaconda for a while
now. If you snoop around the code, you find that the text side doesn't
seem like much of a drive for upstream anaconda anymore.

And you're right, LVM support in text mode is spotty at best. AFAIK,
however, you should be fine to just use some of the standard
command-line utils by switching over to console mode (was the console
F3?) but I've never personally done it. Also, if you knew exactly what
you wanted before hand you could probably make a kickstart file to take
care of that as well.

--
.O.                                         Sam Hart, sam at progeny.com
..O                                        Progeny Linux Systems, Inc
OOO                                         <http://www.progeny.com/>