[CentOS] Centos 4 - text based install - LVM ?

Thu Jun 9 14:59:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 09:43 -0500, Sam Hart wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 00:39 +1000, bards1888 wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten this to work ?
> >
> > I can define a raid device but cant put a VG on it. I then tried
> > 'autopartition' and it created an 'LVM' of sorts, when I tried to edit
> > it I wasnt able to as a message appeared saying, LVM editing was not
> > allowed in text mode.
>
> FWIW, I've had a lot of issues in general with text anaconda for a while
> now. If you snoop around the code, you find that the text side doesn't
> seem like much of a drive for upstream anaconda anymore.
>
> And you're right, LVM support in text mode is spotty at best. AFAIK,
> however, you should be fine to just use some of the standard
> command-line utils by switching over to console mode (was the console
> F3?) but I've never personally done it. Also, if you knew exactly what
> you wanted before hand you could probably make a kickstart file to take
> care of that as well.

That is the way it comes from upstream, sorry :(

Maybe the new anaconda for Update1 will be a little better ...  we
should know in about a week.

As Sam mentioned, either setting it up in kickstart or using the console
and making the partitions/RAID/LVM yourself are really the only options
via a text based install right now.