[CentOS] DNS & DHCP Management System

Petr Klíma petr.klima at jihomilk.cz
Mon Jun 13 14:14:47 UTC 2005

>>vi?

I use it now with several scripts ...

> To elaborate a little:
>
> you can edit the file /etc/dhcpd.conf
>
> and have entries like this:
>
>        host johnny1 {
>          option host-name "johnny1.home.local";
>          hardware ethernet 00:a0:cc:62:6d:2c;
>          fixed-address 192.168.0.16;
>        }
>
> -----------

As I wrote, I allredy manage network with cca 700 computers with running
DNS/DHCP .

Just now.
20 locations
9 DNS domains
5 organizations

and growing ;-)

> What else do you need to manage via a tool?

- Web interface (there is several admins not only me)
- comfort ;-)
	imagine adding an IP/name by one action instead of adding to
		DHCP, primary DNS and at least reverse DNS
	"clases" of computers
	"defaults" for location/domain ...

- several checkings
	- unique name/IP/MAC domain/location
	(which are complicated but posible to write in bash/perl)

> Here is a simple, but fully working file:
>
> http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/dhcpd.conf

and

option time-servers            xxx.xxx.cz;
next-server XYZ ;
filename "/tftpboot/boot.0";

    Petr Klíma

    JIHOMILK a.s.