[CentOS] DNS & DHCP Management System

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:32:54 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 06:23, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > > OK, when I resig on managing DNS and I will use !bind and dhcpd support
> > > dynamic dns! I stil need an tool for managing DHCP entries.
> >
> > vi?
> >

> To elaborate a little:
>
> you can edit the file /etc/dhcpd.conf
>
> and have entries like this:
>
>        host johnny1 {
>          option host-name "johnny1.home.local";
>          hardware ethernet 00:a0:cc:62:6d:2c;
>          fixed-address 192.168.0.16;
>        }
>
> -----------
> What else do you need to manage via a tool?

What people would likely want is something that presents a
single screen form where you enter the name, mac address, ip
and optional aliases, and it writes the dns forward zone A
record and optional CNAMEs, the dns reverse zone PTR record,
and the dhcp fixed-address entry, and restarts the appropriate
daemons to activate the entries.  With reasonable syntax and
duplicate checking, of course...

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com