[CentOS] Directory Server for CentOS 4.1

ago at lsc.hu ago at lsc.hu
Tue Jun 28 16:47:10 UTC 2005

>  Somebody has tested directory server
> (http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Main_Page)
> under CentOS 4.1?? Is it ready for production
> environments?? Somebody has ported to centos??
We didn't succeded to compile it from source but the downloadable binaries
are working on CentOS. We tested it. The ACI-s and schema are a bit
different from OpenLDAP but it's much mature software. OpenLDAP has other
advantags - like layers in the betas - but FDS/RHDS/etc. much more usable
and stable right now. It needs more resource, off course but it doesn't
matter to me. I like stable software much better.

bye,
Ago