[CentOS] Directory Server for CentOS 4.1

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 17:09:35 UTC 2005

From: User Lists <clopmz at yahoo.com>
> Hi all,
> Somebody has tested directory server
> (http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Main_Page)
> under CentOS 4.1?? Is it ready for production
> environments?? Somebody has ported to centos??

You _do_ understand it's basically Netscape Directory Server, correct?
NsDS has been more "production ready" than OpenLDAP ever has IMHO.

And yes, it runs on even non-Linux platforms (e.g., Solaris), so I'd
say it runs on just about any Linux platform.  Integration considerations
might be another, more involved detail though.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org