[CentOS] boot failure after install

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Thu Jun 30 02:36:49 UTC 2005

Peter Farrow wrote:
> No you're quite right,
>
> I have found grub to be poorly documented awkward to use and buggy,

Buggy? That I don't buy...I've seen my fair share of LI :)

Awkward to use? You must be joking right?

> LILO is much better, never had this nonsense with LILO :-)

and also supports installing on LVM2 although there is a patch for grub
out there.

> But Lilo is not an option anymore on the installer...  :-(

yeah...but I don't miss it after I learnt the power of grub.

To get over the install on mirrored / and for other reasons, I have gone
pxegrub. I also use pxegrub to bring back online boxes that have
encountered lilo/grub loading problems.

Nothing beats grub's ability to let you roam around the filesystem to
find out just what kernels were installed and what their configuration
parameters were and then load a kernel and its parameters on the spot.