[CentOS] how can I manage multiple repositories with yum.

Mon Jun 13 08:59:22 UTC 2005
Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv>

I recently moved away from apt, becuase I could not make it work with
multiple x86_64, because there are many duplicate packages from both
rchitectures that get installed, and I could not make apt-get work.

Someone suggested that I try yum, which does work, but I am having a heck
of a time managing multiple repositories.

It was easy with apt, being able to pin priorities to repositories and
packages, but I cannot make yum work as nicely with pinning. I can exclude
and such but most of the time it does not work.

I wish I could go back to apt while using x86_64.

If anyone has got any tips for either getting apt to work with multiple
architectures, or pinning with yum please let me know.