[CentOS] how can I manage multiple repositories with yum.

Tue Jun 14 03:41:39 UTC 2005
Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>

On 6/13/05, Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv> wrote:
> Someone suggested that I try yum, which does work, but I am having a heck
> of a time managing multiple repositories.
>
> It was easy with apt, being able to pin priorities to repositories and
> packages, but I cannot make yum work as nicely with pinning. I can exclude
> and such but most of the time it does not work.

You can see from
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=+site:lists.dulug.duke.edu+apt+pin+packages+yum+duke
that this is a subject that comes up frequently on the yum lists.  I
would recommend you read through some of those posts to get some
ideas.

Also, the exclude option in the yum.conf (man yum.conf for more
details) and the enablerepo and disablerepo may be precisely what you
need.

Some of these features may require a newer version of yum than you
have (you didn't say CentOS3 or 4) but you can always pull out yum
from cvs if the feature you need is released later.

Greg