[CentOS] how can I manage multiple repositories with yum.

Tue Jun 14 03:53:10 UTC 2005
Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv>

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Greg Knaddison wrote:

> On 6/13/05, Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv> wrote:
>> Someone suggested that I try yum, which does work, but I am having a heck
>> of a time managing multiple repositories.
>>
>> It was easy with apt, being able to pin priorities to repositories and
>> packages, but I cannot make yum work as nicely with pinning. I can exclude
>> and such but most of the time it does not work.
>>
> You can see from
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=+site:lists.dulug.duke.edu+apt+pin+packages+yum+duke
> that this is a subject that comes up frequently on the yum lists.  I
> would recommend you read through some of those posts to get some
> ideas.
>
> Also, the exclude option in the yum.conf (man yum.conf for more
> details) and the enablerepo and disablerepo may be precisely what you
> need.
>
> Some of these features may require a newer version of yum than you
> have (you didn't say CentOS3 or 4) but you can always pull out yum
> from cvs if the feature you need is released later.

ok, thanks. I have played around a bit and it seems that I can narrow it
down to certain repositories causing more problems. It seems that DAG and
Dries repositories work flawlessly, but atrpms causes alot of conflicts.
The kde-redhat repo is only causing one small conflict, but if I choose
not to install kde at kickstart time it works ok.