The GNU Project (Was: [CentOS] Re: Reboots -- LSB 2.1 Core Generic Section 8.5)

Fri Jun 3 07:27:09 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 04:13 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> I'm taking this off-list, and answering in private.
> Sorry for everyone about this whole mess.

Please do not bother me with this.

I am talking different contexts than you are (and trying to stick
with 1), so you are never going to agree with me.  So it's redundant to
even try, because even if I try to make a technical statement, you
continue to take it in a market or project context.

And even in some cases, what you say is only proving my point.  E.g.,
like the fact that Linux complemented GNU in the absence of the HURD
kernel, replacing SunOS/Solaris as the preferred solution for a GNU
System.

I am very sorry I questioned anything about the "standard" run-levels
for "UNIX-like" systems.  And I am very sorry I was asserting some GNU
deployment, lineage and resulting interoperability.

I will keep my technical knowledge to myself with regards to your posts.
This will be my last response to you, ever.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->