[CentOS] Vote For CentOS :)

Fri Jun 3 13:20:37 UTC 2005
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Jun 3, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Simon Perreault wrote:

> But the basic point is that CentOS is not a fork. It does not give
> added value
> over RHEL in the distro itself. It *is* RHEL, with a community and
> removed
> trademarks. So CentOS volunteers should get credit for the community
> and
> removing trademarks and Red Hat should get credit for everything else
> (ie.
> what we're voting for).

i assume you think that this directory magically populated itself? :)

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/centosplus/

and Red Hat pays for the creation and maintenance of this mirror
network?

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

and Red Hat employees work to resolve these bugs?

http://bugs.centos.org/view_all_bug_page.php

i'm not sure you've considered your position thoroughly.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v