[CentOS] New to CentOS, miss Grip

Tue Jun 7 22:40:49 UTC 2005
Sean O'Connell <oconnell at soe.ucsd.edu>

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 18:28 -0400, Dick Roth wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer, Phil.  Unfortunately, now I get no sound from my
> CD player!  Weird!
>
> I know grip is "talking" to the CD because I can rip a disk and play
> back the ogg encoded material, but not the CD directly.  Any ideas?
>
> Dick

Check your sound settings. The newer versions of Fedora Core and Centos
have a lot of the sound settings defaulting to muted. It might just be
that you need to open up the sound preference thingie and unclick "Mute"
for CD Audio and crank up the volume. Also, if you running from a audio
out jack to speakers, you'll also need to un-mute (if you will) the
headphone setting. Although, if you are sucessfully playing oggs, you
have likely already been down this path :)

--
Sean