[CentOS] recompile 1 kernel modules

Mon Jun 13 19:13:36 UTC 2005
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am Mo, den 13.06.2005 schrieb Jerry Geis um 20:56:

> How do I recomile just 1 kernel module. I want to recompile
> serial/8250.c

> Jerry

copy&paste from the Fedora Core 4 release notes:

6.2.2.4. Building Only Kernel Modules
An exploded source tree is not required to build a kernel module, such
as your own device driver, against the currently in-use kernel.

For example, to build the foo.ko module, create the following Makefile
in the directory containing the foo.c file:

obj-m := foo.o

KDIR  := /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
PWD   := $(shell pwd)

default:
    $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD) modules

Issue the make command to build the foo.ko module.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 21:11:17 up 20 days, 19:49, load average: 0.58, 0.56, 0.50