[CentOS] CentOS4 ClamAV reports zlib needs updating

Wed Jun 22 12:00:41 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Nigel kendrick wrote:
> I'm just about to update ClamAV to v0.86 on a CentOS4 box having
> successfully done this on a 3.3 box but...
>
> configure: error: The installed zlib version may contain a security bug.
> Please upgrade to 1.2.2 or later: http://www.zlib.net. You can omit this
> check with --disable-zlib-vcheck but DO NOT REPORT any stability issues
> then!
>
> Any expected probs with me doing this update from the site - I have tried
> with yum (including Dag's repository) and it finds no updates.

Why don't you simply install clamav RPM packages from Dag's repository?
  As for zlib, I would check if the fix for that security bug was
backported to the zlib RPM used on CentOS.  You'd need to know exactly
what bug the error message refers to ("security bug" is rather broad
description), and compare it with what "rmp -q --changelog zlib" says
(there's couple of security bugs fixed according to changelog, but it is
hard to know if any of them is the one referenced by clamav).