[CentOS] CentOS4 ClamAV reports zlib needs updating

Wed Jun 22 12:03:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 12:38 +0100, Nigel kendrick wrote:
> I'm just about to update ClamAV to v0.86 on a CentOS4 box having
> successfully done this on a 3.3 box but...
>
> configure: error: The installed zlib version may contain a security bug.
> Please upgrade to 1.2.2 or later: http://www.zlib.net. You can omit this
> check with --disable-zlib-vcheck but DO NOT REPORT any stability issues
> then!
>
> Any expected probs with me doing this update from the site - I have tried
> with yum (including Dag's repository) and it finds no updates.
>
> Ta
>
> NK

That is a bugus warning (due to the RH backporting policy)

http://www.redhat.com/advice/speaks_backport.html

The clamav guys are falling into the trap that there is no backporting,
even though the all the major enterprise distros use it.

... the fix has been addressed previously on this list when
running ./configure ... use the below switch: